Server refused to allocate pty - solved (sort of)

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Mon Feb 14 12:32:11 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 07:10 am, Jaime Buffery wrote:
> Hi,
>
> By any chance any of you have /usr on another partition that could be not
> mounted yet when the script is run on boot? if so, the script would have to
> be fixed or coreutils install dir would have to be changed.
>
> As it is scsi stuff, I cannot test it -no scsi here, sorry. If there is a
> problem, I need to fix it ASAP.
>
> TIA,
> nestu :)

Me me me me :)

The box is all scsi except for a ide CD/DVD burner.

My layout is :

/dev/sde1       /home   reiserfs defaults,notail,noatime 0 0
/dev/sdd1       /mnt/storage reiserfs defaults,notail,noatime,users 0 0
/dev/sdc1       /var reiserfs defaults,notail,noatime 0 0
/dev/sdb1       /opt reiserfs defaults,notail,noatime 0 0
/dev/sda4       /usr reiserfs defaults,notail,noatime 0 0
/dev/sda2       none    swap    defaults 0 0
/dev/sda1       /boot   ext2    defaults,noatime 0 0
/dev/sda3       / reiserfs defaults,notail,noatime 0 0

As a temporary fix just to get this thing up. I booted from rescue, created
a /mnt/root/usr/bin and copied "readlink" from the resuce to there. So it
boots now and everybody gets mounted which is what was not happening before.
Not a pretty fix but well.