[patch] Athlon64 and SSE3 support for lunar

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Dec 11 15:21:19 UTC 2005

Hi!

This attached amd64andSSE3.patch enables SSE3 and Athlon64 support in lunar.
Athlon64 is enabled in 32bit mode to be fully compatible with all
applications.

SSE3 can be found in:
*AMD Athlon64 with Venice core =  rev E3 and later (BP or higher last letters
on processor metal shield ADAxxxxxxxxxxBP)
* recent Pentiums 4 with Prescott core

Warning! If you applied patch and do not see SSE3 on CPU extensions menu it
means your system _do not_ supports SSE3.

I've just installed fresh lunar-1.6.0-i686-alpha1 and done lunar rebuild with
Athlon64 and SSE3 on my Athlon64 3000+ Venice E6 BW and all built well and
runs fine: KDE 3.5, mozilla, firefox etc.

greets,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski