Module submission - pango

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Aug 28 18:48:47 UTC 2005

> You need to verify that you have the file /etc/profile.d/pkgconfig.rc which
> should contain the line:
>
> export
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfi

I have such line. Other way to see it is to execute:
set | grep PKG

Instead of $PKG_CONFIG_PATH you will see /lib

> This is also why the Zbigniew patch is unnecessary.

Are you sure?
In pango there is (line removed by my patch):
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig

System defaults are (shown using: set | grep PKG):
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/lib::/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig

So pango build process has taken away access to:
/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig

Sorry for curiosity, but why blocking access to these paths is important for
correct pango build process?

> The files in /etc/profile.d are supposed to be sourced in your
> /root/.bash_profile using the following lines:
>
> # Now we can set package specific paths and variables:
> for RC in /etc/profile.d/*.rc ; do
>     # note we can set the permissions for root-specific scripts:
>     [ -r $RC ] && . $RC
> done

I also have these lines.

greets,