Whitewater

Joël Vennin jol at lunar-linux.org
Thu Aug 11 22:04:01 UTC 2005

Le Jeudi 11 Août 2005 21:43, Auke Kok a écrit :
> Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 August 2005 05:28 pm, Joël Vennin wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I'm searching where i can download whitewater the ww module. Do you know
> >>where can i get it ?
> >>
> >>Thanks
> >>
> >>Jol
> >
> > Never heard of if and google was of no help. What is it?
>
> it's a download protocol implementation where you download from X
> servers. Sort of like BitTorrent but more centralized with N uploading
> servers. It's used by some experintal distros as rubyx to provide
> shareable bandwidth, but requires significant infrastructure to keep
> running.
>
> There's no module for ww in moonbase (yet). You'd have to write one.
Hello sofar, just take a look inside moonbase/ftp/ww, you will see one module.

Jol

> sofar

"I turn on my television set.  I see a young lady who goes under the guise
of being a Christian, known all over the nation, dressed in skin-tight
leather pants, shaking and wiggling her hips to the beat and rythm of the
music as the strobe lights beat their patterns across the stage and the
band plays the contemporary rock sound which cannot be differentiated from
songs by the Grateful Dead, the Beatles, or anyone else.  And you may try
to tell me this is of God and that it is leading people to Christ, but I
know better.
-- Jimmy Swaggart, hypocritical sexual pervert and TV preacher, self-described
 pornography addict, "Two points of view: 'Christian' rock and roll.",
 The Evangelist, 17(8): 49-50.