Whitewater

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Aug 11 19:43:27 UTC 2005

Dennis Veatch wrote:
> On Thursday 11 August 2005 05:28 pm, Joël Vennin wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm searching where i can download whitewater the ww module. Do you know
>>where can i get it ?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Jol
>

> Never heard of if and google was of no help. What is it?

it's a download protocol implementation where you download from X
servers. Sort of like BitTorrent but more centralized with N uploading
servers. It's used by some experintal distros as rubyx to provide
shareable bandwidth, but requires significant infrastructure to keep
running.

There's no module for ww in moonbase (yet). You'd have to write one.

sofar