sedit and a Makefile

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Tue Apr 26 16:58:12 UTC 2005

I'm trying to create a module called toolame (optimized mpeg 2 encode). The
source doesn't have a "configure" just a Makefile.

I think I have a handle on using sed but...... I want the Makefile to use the
lunar optimizations instead of those in the Makefile. The defaults in it
right now are ;

CC = gcc
OPTIM = -O3
REQUIRED = -DNDEBUG -DINLINE=inline
ARCH = -march=pentium
PG = -fomit-frame-pointer

and has this line that ties them altogether ;

CC_SWITCHES = $(OPTIM) $(REQUIRED) $(ARCH) $(PG) $(TWEAKS) $(WARNINGS)
$(NEW_02L_FIXES)

So I guess the question is, how to substitute those in the BUILD file.