cyrus-sasl problem

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon Apr 25 08:07:17 UTC 2005

Auke Kok wrote:

> Dennis Veatch wrote:
>
>> Hmm, usually cleaning out the depends does it for me on things that
>> won't reset. Darn and that was my best shot. Oh well :(
>>

> well I can understand why you guys are having so much problems: even
> if you force --without-pam cyrus-sasl bluntly links -lpam and enables
> it. Their code just doesn't disable PAM properly at all.
>
> I'll look into it a bit more.

I just committed a fix which really should disable pam properly. Please
lin -r it (PAM is an optional_depends now) and verify that it all works.

I also removed some of the --disable-XXX options that in a report from
zbigniew causes kmail to break. If he would be so kind to test this fix
as well ?!

sofar