cyrus-sasl problem

Richard Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Sun Apr 24 21:31:09 UTC 2005

I have tried several mutations of re-writing the cyrus-sasl
module to allow installing WITHOUT PAM. I have tried a version
that makes Linux-PAM and optional depends and I have tried a
version with all reference to Linux-PAM removed (and the --
without-pam configureation option added).

Can someone PLEASE explain where it is getting this idea and
WHAT I can do to correct it. cyrus-sasl does NOT require PAM! I
can build it just fine manually without PAM, but for some
strange reason, Lunar seems to think that cyrus-sasl requires
Linux-PAM regardless of what the DEPENDS says.

Thanks.

--Richard