xorg-test

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Oct 1 00:22:32 UTC 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 04:59 pm, Nick Hudson wrote:
> Hmm ok, well what video card driver do you use??  The problem with a
> empty host.def file is that none of the card drivers get built except
> for vesa and another I cant think of right now.  Also a minimal amount
> of fonts are built, well to my understanding they are.  I will try that
> out tonight I hope. I dont have to work tonight and maybe I can have
> some time to sit down and actually work on some things.
>
> Nick

The way it worked for me was a Woody suggested. "echo
> /etc/lunarlocal/host.def", lin XOrg-test and say no to reconfigure
host.def. It appears to have compiled the needed video drivers, as I ran
"xorgconfig", answered the questions and choose "radeon".  For some reason it
did not like my old xorg.conf file, dunno why. Anyway that worked. Adding the
DRI section to xorg.conf even worked though I get about half the rate now,
around 1200.

Haven't tried the eye candy yet. Dunno how to enable it.