weekly news - 20041029

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Nov 4 09:50:26 UTC 2004

Richard Pyne wrote:

>On 1 Nov 2004 at 7:41, maintainer at lunar-linux.org wrote:
>

>>BTW there is a new module called 'lunar-tools' in moonbase. The plan is
>>to migrate all non-vital core-related tools into this separate package.
>>Right now lnet, lservices, lids and luser are provided by this package.
>>Cabal is in there too but is broken atm. I will have to merge more related
>>tools in there at a later stage. Does anyone use cabal actually?
>>

>I seem to recall once seeing a coment that cabal is a tool for
>keeping installed modules on multiple machines in sync. If that
>is the case, I would like to use it if I could find enough
>information on it.

the program is actually called 'colony' and it's wrapped in the
'lunar-tools' package which right now is optional. It is not even
installed anymore because at the moment the code is broken and appears
to be broken already since late 2002. Before that I don't have any CVS
history (the server moved), so anybody willing to dig into the first
iso's and get me a copy of /usr/sbin/colony would be appreciated.

I am considering a clean rewrite of colony, possibly duplicating some of
the functionality but have no ideas yet where to start. Most likely it
will become a purely commandline based tool.

more on this later, I hope ;^)

sofar