dissapearing kernel-headers

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Wed May 26 22:25:21 GMT 2004

Richard B. Pyne wrote:
> I know this has been covered before, but I can't find it in
> either my notes or in the list archives, but what is the process
> for re-creating the kernel-headers?
glibc recreates your headers from /usr/src/linux/

> I have one machine where the /usr/include/linux and
> /usr/include/asm directories keep dissapearing and I have to
> keep restoring them from a backup.
>
> I tired ( after restoring the headers) doing a lin linux ; lin
> glibc and lin gcc (after restoring the missing headers again).
>
> I have tried lin kernel-headers several times along the way and
> get:
>
> Building kernel-headers
> bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
> tar: Child returned status 2
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --Richard
I'd take a look at your install dir, to see what headers you
have around.
HTH,
nestu ;)
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)