dissapearing kernel-headers

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Wed May 26 22:16:29 GMT 2004

I know this has been covered before, but I can't find it in
either my notes or in the list archives, but what is the process
for re-creating the kernel-headers?

I have one machine where the /usr/include/linux and
/usr/include/asm directories keep dissapearing and I have to
keep restoring them from a backup.

I tired ( after restoring the headers) doing a lin linux ; lin
glibc and lin gcc (after restoring the missing headers again).

I have tried lin kernel-headers several times along the way and
get:

Building kernel-headers
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
tar: Child returned status 2