KDE 3.1->3.2 upgrade woes

Chad Kittel vertigo at wi.rr.com
Sun May 2 16:33:28 GMT 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 09:08, Erik Søe Sørensen <eriksoe at daimi.au.dk> wrote:
> Chad Kittel wrote:

> >>What's in your XSetup file?
> >
> > What file is this?  I'm not sure I have a 'XSetup' file on my system.  If
> > you are are using XSetup as a generic reference to some config file, I'm
> > not making the connection :)  Let me know what file you are wondering
> > about and I'll get you a copy of mine or at least the relevant parts...
>
> The file is /opt/lunar/kde/3/share/config/kdm/Xsetup, from kdebase3-3.2.2.
> I fixed it myself to show the background, but it's odd if you didn't
> have to do anything like that...
>
> My Xsetup contains:
> /-----
> #! /bin/sh
> # Xsetup - run as root before the login dialog appears
>
> /opt/lunar/kde/3/bin/krootimage \                #
> /opt/lunar/kde/3/share/config/kdm/backgroundrc & # I added this
> #xconsole -geometry 480x130-0-0 -notify -verbose -fn fixed -exitOnFail
> -file /dev/xconsole &
> \-----

Hum, mine is just...
#! /bin/sh
# Xsetup - run as root before the login dialog appears

#xconsole -geometry 480x130-0-0 -notify -verbose -fn fixed -exitOnFail
- -file /dev/xconsole &

I've never touched this file before in my life, it's probably very likely my
background on the login screen is just the default :)  I never really logout
and sit at the login screen so I wouldn't know.  I took your "background
chaning" issue to be your desktop background.

- - v3rt1g0

- --
Chad R. Kittel
 E-Mail: vertigo at wi.rr.com
 Running: Lunar-Linux (kernel: 2.6.6-rc3-mm1)

The Heineken Uncertainty Principle:
	You can never be sure how many beers you had last night.