KDE 3.1->3.2 upgrade woes

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe at daimi.au.dk
Sun May 2 16:08:29 GMT 2004

Chad Kittel wrote:

>>>I did not experience this.
>>
>>What's in your XSetup file?
>
> What file is this?  I'm not sure I have a 'XSetup' file on my system.  If you
> are are using XSetup as a generic reference to some config file, I'm not
> making the connection :)  Let me know what file you are wondering about and
> I'll get you a copy of mine or at least the relevant parts...

The file is /opt/lunar/kde/3/share/config/kdm/Xsetup, from kdebase3-3.2.2.
I fixed it myself to show the background, but it's odd if you didn't
have to do anything like that...

My Xsetup contains:
/-----
#! /bin/sh
# Xsetup - run as root before the login dialog appears

/opt/lunar/kde/3/bin/krootimage \                #
/opt/lunar/kde/3/share/config/kdm/backgroundrc & # I added this
#xconsole -geometry 480x130-0-0 -notify -verbose -fn fixed -exitOnFail
-file /dev/xconsole &
\-----

/Erik