building ulogd fails

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Wed Mar 24 18:32:40 GMT 2004

Hi Terry,

Op Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:08:20 -0600 schreef Terry Chan aan Remco Lubbers
<rpl at concepts.nl>,Lunar general discussion list <lunar at lunar-linux.org>:

> While your optimizations setting are still NOT safe, they are not the
> cause of the problem here.  I've fixed the BUILD script in ulogd module
> to work correctly now, if the user says "no" to installing libpcap module.

great! I'll check it out later on. Thanks!

> -foptimize-sibling-calls and --fforce-addr are NOT safe optimizations and
> will cause you problems sooner or later if your entire lunar box is compiled
> with those settings.

ok, I will change that, but that contradicts:
http://community.lunar-linux.org/faq/index.php?op=view&t=7

What about the fomit-frame-pointer, is that one safe (on a server)?

Cheers!

Remco

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)
| Linux kernel 2.4.24 | Gentoo 1.4 | XFce 4.0.3.1 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |