installing linux-grsec through lin put wrong imagename into lilo.conf

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Mar 24 11:54:09 GMT 2004

Remco Lubbers wrote:

>Installing the grsec kernel with lin produces the following LILO-error:
>Fatal: open /boot/2.4.25-r5.0.0g: No such file or directory
>because the image is actually called /boot/2.4.25-grsec-r5.0.0
>
>easily corrected after installation , but looks a bit sloppy IMHO.
>Should I post findings like this one here, somewhere else or preferably not at
>all? ;-)
>
>And "may I" correct it myself if the script?
>And if so, where should I sned my modifications?

the ML is the correct place, niki will pick it up from there if no-one
else does already

your personal corrections will be lost next time you do 'lin moonbase',
however, if you turn on ZLOCAL_OVERRIDES and make a duplicate of the
module in the zlocal section, it will be kept.

modifications can be send here, just include a plain text diff snipplet
(or attached diff if it's large.)

sofar