qt3 and path

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 09:04:25 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 08:17 am, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> Got this odd problem lining qt3, says it cannot find make, even though it
> is in /usr/bin. The box did not have qt to begin with and had just X for a
> GUI.
>
> The box had 1.3.3. Late last night I decided to lin theedge and then
> moonbase. Relined coreutils, sh-utils, bash and a number of other "low
> level" stuff all of which competed fine.
>
> I have checked
> root's .bashrc, .bash_profile, /etc/profile.d/qt3.rc, /etc/bashrc and they
> all seem fine. Looked in the qt3 BUILD and nothing leaped out at me. So I'm
> scratching my head now and that's bad as I'm losing my hair.
>
> "env" does show QTDIR=/opt/lunar/qt/3 and KDEDIR=/opt/lunar/kde/3 and qt3
> is in the PATH.

Here is the first 5 line in the qt BUILD;

export  YACC=byacc
  export  QT_PREFIX=${QT_PREFIX:-/opt/lunar/qt/3}
  export  QTDIR=$SOURCE_DIRECTORY
  export  PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
  export  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."