qt3 and path

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 08:17:23 GMT 2004

Got this odd problem lining qt3, says it cannot find make, even though it is
in /usr/bin. The box did not have qt to begin with and had just X for a GUI.

The box had 1.3.3. Late last night I decided to lin theedge and then moonbase.
Relined coreutils, sh-utils, bash and a number of other "low level" stuff all
of which competed fine.

I have checked
root's .bashrc, .bash_profile, /etc/profile.d/qt3.rc, /etc/bashrc and they all
seem fine. Looked in the qt3 BUILD and nothing leaped out at me. So I'm
scratching my head now and that's bad as I'm losing my hair.

"env" does show QTDIR=/opt/lunar/qt/3 and KDEDIR=/opt/lunar/kde/3 and qt3 is
in the PATH.
--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."