Update on qt3 was (qt3 BUILD fails)

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Mon Mar 1 17:53:39 GMT 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 07:03 pm, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> On Friday 27 February 2004 07:01 pm, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > QT keeps bombing out during the build. Just prior to that it tried to
> > move examples and says;
> >
> > mv:`examples' and `/usr/src/qt-x11-free-3.2.3/examples' are the same file
> >
> > I think the problem is in this part of the build;
> >
> > case $SAMPIN in
> > 	y|Y|j|J)
> >           mv examples ${QT_PREFIX:-$QTDIR}  &&
> >           mv tutorial       ${QT_PREFIX:-$QTDIR}
> >
> > That's just a WAG on my part :)
> >
> > If it's lined with the examples and such it goes fine. But but nothing
> > goes into /opt/lunar.
>
> opps, meant without the examples.

Addtionally, though lining without examples and tutorial compiles fine
the /opt/lunar/qt directory and its subdirectories are not created.

Here is /etc/profile.d/qt3.rc;

export  QTDIR=${QT_PREFIX:-/opt/lunar/qt/3}
export  PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PAT
--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."