distrowatch release tracker announcement

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Mon Mar 1 01:09:32 GMT 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:22:00 +0000 (GMT)
maintainer at lunar-linux.org wrote:

> distrowatch reports the following new releases:
>
> +XFree86 4.4.0
>
> Now get to work!

As you might have noticed Xfree 4.4.0 just went final. I'm currently
reading ChangeLogs and the Release notes to figure out which parts of
our module are obsolete and which parts need to be added. For example
bitstream-vera is now a part of Xfree and thus our moonbase module
obsolete. If you'ld like to help me or have been working on the module
already feel free to mail me/contribute/contact me on IRC.

Secondly we also need a decission on wether we want Xfree 4.4.0 in the
moonbase or not. Some of you might already know about Xfree's new
licence which conflicts with the GPL as it is. I'm not quite into the
new/old licence and I cannot say wether the new licence is valid or not
so we definitely need to make up our minds about it.

Regards,

Moritz

--
Moritz Heiber