Current version of R is 1.9.0

Steven Allen nowhcreek at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 3 10:31:36 GMT 2004

In order to fix the issue mentioned below I have
inserted a sed line into the R BUILD file as shown
below. I'm not sure if this is the recommended way to
do this but it seemed the quickest. (Sorry about the
formatting I can't lengthen the lines on Yahoo).

With this change R 1.9.0 now builds on my box (2.4.25
gcc 3.3.3 glibc 2.3.2 XOrg 6.7.0). I have done some
fairly simple matrix manipulation and plotting to test
the installation and it has worked correctly to date.

Unless someone else needs 1.9.0 it may be better to
leave moonbase at the current level until the next
version in which this issue should be corrected.

Anyway this may help somebody else.

Steve

(

  CFLAGS=`echo $CFLAGS | sed s/-ffast-math//` &&
  CXXFLAGS=`echo $CXXFLAGS | sed s/-ffast-math//` &&

  sed -e 's/^#define NeedFunctionPrototypes 0/#include
<stdio.h>/' \
  -i src/modules/X11/dataentry.c &&

  default_config &&
  make &&
  make check &&
  #uncomment these lines to make documentation
  #make dvi &&
  #make pfd &&
  #make info &&
  prepare_install &&