Problems with DVD Playback

Jeff Hodges jmhodges at lunar-linux.org
Fri Jan 23 21:29:58 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 19:04, Carl R. Powers wrote:
> Several months ago I got DVD playback working using xine, gxine,
> totem, and MPlayer.  Since that time, something has changed so that
> now DVD playback is "choppy" or "jerky" - not a smooth continuous
> playback as it was and should be.  MPlayer seems to be the least affected.
>
> I update often so my systems are up to date.  I've tried recompiling the
> GUI's, xine-lib, and the several libdvd* packages with no improvement.
> Have not been able to recompile MPlayer.
>
> Anyone have any idea what's going on here?  It's not hardware - playback
> still works fine under Windows (PowerDVD) and under Fedora using the
> prebuilt rpms from freshrpms.net.
>
> All help and suggestions appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Carl R. Powers
> <powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil><powers at copper.net>
Have you tried a different video driver?  mplayer -vo help for more
info.  You can then change the default driver in /etc/mplayer.conf.
Mail us back if you find a better vo driver for your set up.
Thanks!
--
	Jeff

Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where,
it cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs.
                -- Fran Lebowitz
http://jmhodges.pycs.net