cannot compile ORBit-0.5.17

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Sat Jan 10 13:54:26 GMT 2004

Mike,

Try changing these settings from the "lunar optimize" menus:

Use -O2, Faster.  NOT -O3 Fastest.
Floating point math, BOTH, you have SSE and 387 on a P3, NOT juse SSE.
On the "Make - parallelizing menu, Enter the number of concurrent makes
  make sure you leave that box empty, NOT 1.

Other than those tips, I can't see much else you can try to fix your
compile problem with ORBit.

The illegal instruction in your compile log is a result of some binary
being used during the compile process that is really trying to execute
a CPU instruction that your processor can NOT deal with.

As a last resort if none of the above helps your compile you'll have
to try "lunar optimize" and change the x86 CPU selection from P3 down
to I686 and then compile again.

Also would you please include the results of:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

in your next email?  Thanks.

Terry Chan