Gaim Troubles

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Jan 2 01:26:15 GMT 2004

Nick Hudson wrote:
> I dont know if this is just me or not, but I tried installing gaim
> earlier and I said no to installing gnutls.  When I did this gaim didnt
> compile.  It would error out at some ssl-nss part.  So I figured I would
> try installing gnutls just to see if that helped.  After I installed
> gnutils gaim compiled fine, so maybe gnutls needs to be added as a
> depends not optional_depends??  Anyone else had an experence with this?

I made it optional because some people insisted that they could make it
work with mozilla-nss stuff, or didn't see why they needed MSN-SSL
support (if they only want AIM for instance). The compile without gnutls
is completely unaffected by this addition, so I blame it on the gaim
develpers. It probably means that you have to add --without-gnutls and
--without-nss flags too, which would be ultra ugly and I would not like
to see gaim in any way depend on mozilla at all.

sofar