qt and mysql

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Feb 27 18:59:59 GMT 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 06:47 pm, Chad R. Kittel wrote:

>  From my understanding it's a driver plugin to allow direct access to
> mysql in code.  That is, to be able to query mysql for results nativly
> in code.  Below is some text I pulled from some random website that
> talks about it...  this was just an 'I'm feeling lucky' google hit.
>
>   Database support
>
> One of the major new features in Qt 3.0 is the SQL module that provides
> multiplatform access to SQL databases, making database application
> programming with Qt seamless and portable. The API, built with standard
> SQL, is database-neutral and software development is independent of the
> underlying database.
>
> A collection of tightly focused C++ classes are provided to give the
> programmer direct access to SQL databases. Developers can send raw SQL
> to the database server or have the Qt SQL classes generate SQL queries
> automatically. Drivers for Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL and ODBC are
> available and writing new drivers is straightforward.
>
> Tying the results of SQL queries to GUI components is fully supported by
> Qt's SQL widgets. These classes include a tabular data widget (for
> spreadsheet-like data presentation with in-place editing), a form-based
> data browser (which provides data navigation and edit functions) and a
> form-based data viewer (which provides read-only forms). This framework
> can be extended by using custom field editors, allowing for example, a
> data table to use custom widgets for in-place editing. The SQL module
> fully supports Qt's signal/slots mechanism, making it easy for
> developers to include their own data validation and auditing code.
>
> Qt Designer fully supports Qt's SQL module. All SQL widgets can be laid
> out within Qt Designer, and relationships can be established between
> controls visually. Many interactions can be defined purely in terms of
> Qt's signals/slots mechanism directly in Qt Designer.

Almost sounds like to me postgreql could be substituted. Of course, I could be
wrong.

I guess it doesn't really matter. It occurred to me there's next to no way
(well there is) to have only one DB on a system as other app might want db3,4
or whatever.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."