Driver module for D-Link DFE-530TX+ lan card

Carl R. Powers powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil
Tue Feb 3 20:01:35 GMT 2004

Terry,

Boy, am I embarrassed.  This was a headspace problem on my part, nothing
more.  I had a Linksys card in this computer which I had removed to replace
with the D-Link card.  Only I never got around to installing it.  No wonder
it wasn't being detected or initialized!  Since I don't have a lan
connection
for this computer, I hadn't noticed that the card wasn't installed!

Anyway, now it's installed and initialized OK using the 8139too module.
According to "hhttp://www2.goldfisch.at/knowledge/217", the via-rhine
module was correct for the DFE-530TX card but D-Link apparently
changed to the rtl8139 chip for the DFE-530TX+ model.

Thanks for trying.  Sorry to have wasted your time.

Carl Powers
<powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil><powers at copper.net>