Why the conflict between fcron & hc-cron???

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Mon Aug 9 20:54:57 GMT 2004

Exim DOES use fcron.  See the CONFIGURE and DEPENDS script.  Exim can use EITHER
fcron or hc-cron.  There is no conflict in exim with fcron nor hc-cron.

The CONFLICT is between hc-cron and fcron in /etc/init.d/

Both modules try to install /etc/init.d/crond and this is probably another
unix-ism that no one wanted to fix by changing the cron daemon name for one
module or the other.

Terry Chan