Quick HowTo for changing the default boot logo to a nice lunar logo

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Thu Apr 22 08:13:27 GMT 2004

Op Thu, 22 Apr 2004 00:20:02 +0200 schreef Mike Mandel aan
lunar at lunar-linux.org:

> Inspired from an article of the German computer magazine cŽt, which was
> among other things, about how to change the boot logo, iŽve created a
> new boot logo.

Nice!
Wouldn't this be nice to have included in the HOWTO section of the website?

> If you want to give it a try, I have attached the logo so just begin with step 3.
> (But donŽt forget to bunzip2 the file)
> **IMPORTANT: THIS WORKS ONLY WITH a 2.6.x KERNEL**
> If you a interested for this with a 2.4.x kernel please let me know it and I can
> look again at the magazine but I canŽt test it.

I'm still using 2.4 kernels and I'd like to give it a try though.
I'll have a looksee to find out if the dutch version of CT covers this issue
this month as well.

Remco

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)
| Linux kernel 2.4.25 | Lunar 1.4.0 | XFce 4.0.4 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |