connection-speed throttled?

Hendrik Visage hvisage at envisage.co.za
Sun Apr 11 16:14:00 GMT 2004

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 12:18:56AM +0200, Auke Kok wrote:
> Hendrik Visage wrote:
> >Actually, I found it to be "general" problem for the www.lunar-linux.org
> >server too, as if the server (or something else) limits the connection's
> >speed. Oh, but >10 it's appears to become a total limit, but then, it
> >might just be a latency problem...
>
> very interesting, but could you explain this? how come it is limited for
> you? I get the full speed of the external NIC device pretty much
> anywhere I dl from www.lunar-linux.org...

I wish I could tell you, but for a long time that was the behaviour I
experienced with www.lunar-linux.org. Myself I am on a FastEthernet
LAN connected the world via T3 to the USoA, and for other sites I
could get faster speends during these periods I had this "slowness" with
www.lunar-linux.org. The question initially sounded for me like the user
complained about www.lunar-linux.org and not a Lunar-linux installation
itself.

> *please* tell more, you are telling someone with a (serious) problem
> that it *might* be a lunar problem and he is totally not helped by this,

I don't know what www.lunar-linux.org's OS/distro is, again it sounded to
me like the person was complaining about www.lunar-linux.org and not about the
lunar-linux installation.

Hendrik