xserver & xservers-profile

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 17:24:58 GMT 2004

Use the xservers-profile.  It is the same module renamed to
prevent confusion with the "real" xservers (X11 fork) of
the same name.  The DEPENDS in moonbase have already been
corrected and the next time you lin one of the affected modules
it will correct itself.

Both xserver and xservers-profile, are merely in the moonbase
to prevent questions like "Why can't I lin qt3, when I don't
have X11 installed ?".

No need to lrm xserver.  Just "lin xservers-profile" will be
good enough.

XOrg is now in the moonbase and it is basically xfree86 at the
4.4 release level.  Several lunar devs are using the XOrg
server with no problems and it is subjectively a little faster
than xfree86 -- mainly due to the 4.4 improvements over 4.3.

Terry Chan