uptimed moonbase module

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Apr 1 11:28:46 GMT 2004

Remco Lubbers wrote:

>Op Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:57:17 +0200 schreef Auke Kok aan Lunar general
>discussion list <lunar at lunar-linux.org>:
>

>>Alex Hunsaker wrote:
>>

>>>also uptimed needs to be started with the -b option as it does but that
>>>only give it the unique boot id so as it can differentiate between boots
>>>/usr/sbin/uptimed still needs to be run as you can see in my RE: uptimed
>>>moobase module (working) attachment, sorry it was my fault to begin
>>>with, my original was stupid :)
>>>

>>read along:
>>ARGS="-b"
>>start () {
>>  echo -n "Setting uptime record: "
>>  /usr/sbin/uptimed $ARGS && echo -e $RESULT_OK || echo -e $RESULT_FAIL
>>see it?
>>

>I think that Alex is trying to say that "/usr/sbin/uptimed -b" just creates a
>boot-id and that the uptimedeamon thereafter actually has to be started through
>just another "/usr/sbin/uptimed", so /etc/init.d/uptimed needs to contain both
>lines, as Alex stated
>

>>Op Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:39:26 +0000 schreef Alex Hunsaker aan
>>Lunar general discussion list <lunar at lunar-linux.org>:
>>

>>>yeah and also in the init.d file should be a line after
>>>/usr/sbin/uptimed -b &&
>>>/usr/sbin/uptimed
>>>

>BTW: starting the uptimedeamon through /etc/init.d/uptimed doesn't echo
>anything on my system, as it should, according to the above. I reinstalled it
>just now (it did ask me whether or not I wanted uptimed to be started at
>boottime :-)

if you had a customized (read, you edited the file) /etc/init.d/uptimed
then lunar will not overwrite your init.d script. delete it manually
before upgrading if you want it replaced with the new version. This is a
protection mechanism and applies to *all* files in /etc/

I'll add the daemon call as well to the init.d script.

sofar