uptimed moonbase module

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Thu Apr 1 11:17:34 GMT 2004

Op Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:57:17 +0200 schreef Auke Kok aan Lunar general
discussion list <lunar at lunar-linux.org>:

> Alex Hunsaker wrote:
> >also uptimed needs to be started with the -b option as it does but that
> >only give it the unique boot id so as it can differentiate between boots
> >/usr/sbin/uptimed still needs to be run as you can see in my RE: uptimed
> >moobase module (working) attachment, sorry it was my fault to begin
> >with, my original was stupid :)

> read along:
> ARGS="-b"
> start () {
>   echo -n "Setting uptime record: "
>   /usr/sbin/uptimed $ARGS && echo -e $RESULT_OK || echo -e $RESULT_FAIL
> see it?

I think that Alex is trying to say that "/usr/sbin/uptimed -b" just creates a
boot-id and that the uptimedeamon thereafter actually has to be started through
just another "/usr/sbin/uptimed", so /etc/init.d/uptimed needs to contain both
lines, as Alex stated
> Op Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:39:26 +0000 schreef Alex Hunsaker aan
> Lunar general discussion list <lunar at lunar-linux.org>:
> > yeah and also in the init.d file should be a line after
> > /usr/sbin/uptimed -b &&
> > /usr/sbin/uptimed

BTW: starting the uptimedeamon through /etc/init.d/uptimed doesn't echo
anything on my system, as it should, according to the above. I reinstalled it
just now (it did ask me whether or not I wanted uptimed to be started at
boottime :-)

Cheers!

Remco

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)
| Linux kernel 2.4.25 | Lunar 1.4.0 | XFce 4.0.4 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |