Galeon2 & MozillaFirebird

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Tue Sep 23 22:20:32 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 15:47, Hendrik Visage wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 03:39:45PM -0500, Terry Chan wrote:
> > Nick Hudson has previously modified MozillaFirebird to install in /opt,
> > so there is NO conflict anymore with mozilla.
>
> But you can use galeon2 against either... so a choice would then be needed
> against which...

To be honest yes you can do this, but to do this we will need some logic
to be put into the module for the user to choose between the two.  Now
some other dev can correct me if I am wrong here but we are trying to
stear clear of logic being put into the modules and we are currenlt
trying to take the logic we have in current modules and remove it.  Now
if everyone wants to be able to compile galeon2 with MozillaFirebird
then I will make it so, but until then I do not see a use in it.

On a side note I tried compiling epiphany with MozillaFirebird and it
didnt work, it died a horrible death during compile.  I assumed the same
for galeon2 and being I do not have it installed I didnt test it
anyway.  Anyway I dont mean to sound like a sourpuss but I just think we
need to keep it the way it is, now like I said if everyopne wants to be
able to compile galeon2 with Firebird I can do so.  Personally I dont
see why though, you already have a "fast" browser installed why do you
need another??

Nick