Problem with Lunar Update and Wget

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Thu Sep 18 08:19:14 GMT 2003

On Thursday 18 September 2003 02:11 am, Sébastien Cérèze wrote:
> "Carl R. Powers" <powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil> wrote:Sebastien,
>
> Problem with Lunar Update and Wget:
>
> During a Lunar Update, Lunar fails to detect a currently running wget
> for a module and spawns a second wget when it is ready to install that
> module. Both processes continue running, writing (apparently) to
> the same file in /tmp. The result can be a corrupt download, failed
> install,
> and frustration. At best, it will automatically repeat the download and
> complete sucessfully. This has been happening since about 1 September.

I have noticed this also. fasm is one that I recall seeing.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."