RAID help

Richard Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Fri Sep 12 19:20:52 GMT 2003

I am trying to set up a new system to run software RAID. I have read
the HOWTO ( http://unthought.net/Software-RAID-HOWTO ) several times,
but there are a few things I am still unsure of.

Is it safe (possible) to boot with /boot on a RAID-5?

How do I mark a drive (sda, the drive with the base Lunar
installation) as failed in raidtab in order to make the base
installed drive part of the RAID (as described in HOWTO section
4.12.2)?

Can I use reiserfs on a RAID-5 device?

How do I put the swap partition on a RAID-5 device since I can't mark
the partition type?

I know some of these questions may seem rather elementary, but this is
my first attempt at setting up software RAID.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Richard

--
Richard B. Pyne