Evolution segfaults

Andrew Fries afries at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 20 12:44:24 GMT 2003

I'm not having much luck with Evolution 1.4.5 - it compiles OK but
segfaults immediately on startup. Running it from terminal doesn't give
any more info.
I installed Evolution with its default set of dependencies. I also tried
the tip from the website, running "lin -c gnome-mime-data gnome-vfs
control-center gtkhtml"... it didn't help.
I'm aware there are long-standing issues around Evolution and Gnome
libraries but I was hoping for some progress... is there anything I can
do to get this to work?