expect package dependencies

Steven Michalske hardkrash at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 9 12:12:42 GMT 2003

unless it was changed i put the compilation of tk as an option in the tcl-kk
module

snip'o from CONFIGURE
  if    query  "Build tk support? (Only say n if you do not have a X server)"
      then BUILDTK="y"
      else BUILDTK="n"
  fi

On Thursday 09 October 2003 12:23 pm, Auke Kok wrote:

AK> Hi,
AK>
AK> either we split tcl and tk into their respective packages, or we can make
AK> a standalone tcl module that can't be combined with the tcl-tk module.
AK> Since tk pretty much depends on tcl, we can chain the dependencies easily
AK> for tcl-tk apps, and avoid optional_depends at all. Should be relatively
AK> simple.
AK>
AK> sofar
AK>
AK>
AK> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Knott, Andrew wrote:
AK>
AK> > Hello there -
AK> >
AK> > I currently have one Lunar-Linux based server running DNS and I was
 looking AK> > into building up a new server to replace an old RedHat 7.0
 machine. This one AK> > requires expect since there are some scripts on the
 old machine that are AK> > based on it. I installed expect on Lunar-Linux
 but I felt that the AK> > dependencies could be tweaked a little bit.

AK> > expect depends on tcl but not tk. Lunar-Linux does not seem to give you
 the AK> > option to split those two apart. Tk will not install without X
 libraries AK> > which are, quite frankly, a waste of space on a server. To
 make the long AK> > story short, to make tk an option on the tcl-tk package
 may be a good idea. AK> >
AK> > Although I am not really familiar with the Lunar-Linux package system
 (from AK> > a coder's standpoint) as I am a NetBSD guy, I could probably
 work out a hack AK> > to this if necessary. Just thought I would try to
 bring it to someone's AK> > attention.