Second try

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Fri Oct 3 15:57:21 GMT 2003

Matt Dee wrote:
< [ .. ]
> then devfs should create `/dev/ppp` at startup - it hasn't.
 > Also, to double check, I ran `mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0` and ran pppd
 > again, at which point it stoped complaining that it could not find
 > `/dev/ppp` and instead complained that ppp support had not been compiled
 > into the kernel.

I forgot about devfs, just created the device, and took devfs out of my
fstab.
I put all pppd in the kernel, and created with mknod whatever I needed.
No pain from there. Didn't work other way for me.
HTH,
nestu ;)))
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)