Second try

Matt Dee foggerty at paradise.net.nz
Sat Oct 4 00:42:04 GMT 2003

I'll try not to follow this post up with another 'sorry, my fault' reply :-)

I'm attempting to get pppd working, with no luck.  I downloaded the source
for pppd and according to the docs, if I've compiled ppp support into the
kernel (I have done) and you have devfs running (the dev directory is
populated, and `ps -A` shows that devfsd is indeed running) then devfs
should create `/dev/ppp` at startup - it hasn't.

Also, to double check, I ran `mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0` and ran pppd again,
at which point it stoped complaining that it could not find `/dev/ppp` and
instead complained that ppp support had not been compiled into the kernel.

Any ideas?
(I tried compiling without the agressive patchset in case it was
interfering with ppp.)

Cheers,
Matt.