Mail recommendation

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sun Nov 16 16:21:42 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 19:49, Richard Pyne wrote:
> I am looking for feedback and suggestions. I am setting up a new mail
> server using lunar. The things I know I want to do/use are:
>
> Postfix
> courier-imap (I think)
> Virtual domains/mailboxes with separate userspace for each domain.
> pop-before-smtp (functionality)
> web based mail reader
> mailman
> spam/virus filtering
> Postgres for mail user management

Some setups I'm currently using and that work well are:

[sendmail|postfix]+procmail > courier-imap,squirrelmail over
https(apache2/php). This has mysql support of course, which ould give
you currently mysql authentication for almost everything. I advice to
use postfix, but don't know if that does mysql lookups for users...
supposedly courier-imap does do postgresql... pop-b4-smtp is easy, and
works with teapop, I think qpopper too, perhaps even UW imap, but that
would conflict with courier-imap.

Try to use DNSbl lists like orbs and spamcop, they plug into pretty much
all e-mails servers nowadays.

Interested in what other people's setups are...!

sofar

--
Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org>