coreutils 5.0 install hang

Simon Brenner simon.brenner at home.se
Thu Nov 6 22:06:00 GMT 2003

Auke Kok wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 22:11, Terry Chan wrote:
>

>>Short answer: Don't do that.
>>
>>Please stop using tmpfs for your /tmp.
>>

>urr....
>
>does he have tmpfs on for /tmp or for lunar compiles
>(/usr/src/$MODULE-$VERSION, or the $TMPFS option in the lunar options
>menu?)
>
>if he has only tmpfs on /tmp, and reserved 256mb for that... he just has
>a full /tmp (and should not complain in here about that, unless it's
>still the default on the latest ISO, and he happened to install that).

/tmp was *empty*, until after the configure test filled it up with an
installwatch log. The /usr/src/* directory is as it should be, ~30megs
or so I think it was... And both /tmp and /usr/src/* use tmpfs, which
has worked very well for me (except that you need a lot of swap to build
xfree or mozilla or gcc)