CVS handling

Moritz Heiber MisterMoe at hackerboard.de
Wed May 7 21:25:57 GMT 2003

Hello,

I'ld like to make an appointment how lunar treats CVS modules. I know
the CVS part of the core tools has just been rewritten but I think there
is still something missing in the code. We'all know how b0rked SF.net
anon CVS is. Therefore I always have to watch the lin'ing of CVS modules
very closely because when CVS anon rejects my attempt to update a
sourcetree with the usual "EOF from server ( consult bla ...)" I normaly
wouldn't have the slightest idea wether my sources have been updated or
not.

Now what I want to request is a feature like leaving a message at the
bottom line after the installation wether a source update of the CVS
tree has actually been performed or not ... or mabye don't even start to
compile the source if there weren't any updates at all (Of course you
will have to be able to force a recompilation). IMHO this would make
life for me (and maybe even other users ;-) ) a lot easier concerning
CVS modules which use SF.net CVS. Thank you.

Bye,

Moritz