lunar rebuild hangs after nfs-utils

Remigius Stalder remigius.stalder at descom-consulting.ch
Wed May 7 10:43:39 GMT 2003

Hi Niki,

Thanks for the answer. In the mean time I have my box running nice and
clean, I'm ready to put the old CRT monitor away because PuTTY and sshd
understand each other very well :-D

Here's the story:

During my setup, as mentioned before, I had to interactively configure ADSL
and create certificates for open ssl. Maybe this can be avoided by
configuring these before calling lunar rebuild, maybe this would even be
woth a note in the after-boot manual.

In the situation when my box hang, I could just kill rpc.rquotad (kill
without any other options), and after this the compile continued smoothly to
the end. The same things happened with another box my collegue has set up
and could be solved in the same way.

A possible workaround would be to remove nfs-utils before the lunar rebuild
because we don't use nfs anywhay. I have not tried wether this is
reproducible when doing a lin nfs-utils only, but I could give it a try if
this helps you to find the problem.

Best regards, Remigius.