Help - system hosed - Thank you

Richard Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Fri Mar 21 13:59:10 GMT 2003

Well, now that I can breath, I'll report on my findings and success.

As it turned out, it was an update to glibc that died, leaving glibc
as it was, but had already updated libnss*, ld-linux.so,
libBrokenLocale.so and libpthread.so.

Restoring these from the CD (1.3) fixed it to the point that I can
boot and run again. There is still something hosed that is causing
shorewall to hang, but at least I'm back online.

Thanks to all who sent their suggestions, they were extrememly
helpful.

--Richard

--
Richard B. Pyne