mysql

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Sat Mar 1 07:45:29 GMT 2003

On Saturday 01 March 2003 07:31 am, Auke Kok wrote:
> Dennis,
>
> If you want to please try and install the latest theedge, go over to
> "features" in the lunar options menu and turn on VERBOSE. This new
> feature in theedge displays a bit more debugging info that we might use
> to track the problem down, so if you have time to resubmit a compile
> log/paste we might help a bit more.
>
> at first sight it looks like something went wrong with the source
> directory naming, but the verbose info might show what is wrong.

That's what I thought as well because the build directory does not get
created. The mysql-beta lins fine but when lining qt3 with mysql it wants to
lin mysql and naturally bombs out. Which is why (I think) you see the line
about no pid file

So on a whim I copied the mysql-beta/BUILD to mysql/BUILD. Lrmed mysql-beta
and now I get this;

root at hasson /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/sql/mysql-beta # lin -r -c mysql
mysql:  Invoke mysqld via init.d automatically at boot ? [y] y
mysql:  Install client only?  [n] n
mysql:  Enable InnoDB Support?  [n] y
mysql:  Enable BDB Support?  [n] y
mysql:  Enable RAID Support?  [n] n
Checking dependencies for mysql
Building mysql
/sbin/lin: line 3: /etc/init.d/mysqld: No such file or directory

I will give theedge a whirl here in a few.

Thanks

--

Don't be afraid to try something. Remember, amateurs built the ark,
professionals built the Titanic.