Spell checking in the new evolution

Yoav Avitzour avitzour at Princeton.EDU
Tue Jun 17 19:25:17 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 08:41, Yoav Avitzour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to enable spell check in with the new evolution. When I open
> a new message, I get the following output:
>
> (evolution:27485): gtkhtml-WARNING **: Cannot create spell dictionary
> instance (iid:OAFIID:GNOME_Spell_Dictionary:0.3)
>
> (evolution:27485): Bonobo-WARNING **: Activation exception 'Failed to
> activate 'OAFIID:GNOME_Spell_Control:0.3''
>
> I tried re-linning gnome-spell, but it didn't help. Any ideas ?

Sorry for replying to myself, but nobody else seems to reply to
this...:)

I found out that while gnome-spell version in the moonbase is 0.5,
version 1.0.4 is already out there. Bumping the version seemed to work
(plus a minor adjustment to the source-url, diff below), and now
evolution does not give the error message, and the spell-check-document
menu option is availabe, however, it does not check spelling. Actually,
it does absolutly nothing, with no error messages what so ever...

Any ideas ?

Yoav

--------
yoav at gutman $ diff gnome-spell/DETAILS gnome-spell/DEATILS.old

2,3c2,3
<        VERSION=1.0.4
<           SOURCE=gnome-spell-$VERSION.tar.bz2
---
>        VERSION=0.5
>           SOURCE=gnome-spell-$VERSION.tar.gz
5c5
<  SOURCE_URL[0]=ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-spell/1.0/$SOURCE
---