httpd.conf wiped out

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Wed Jun 11 17:03:05 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 17:54, Richard B. Pyne wrote:
> Well, it happenned again yesterday when the only thing being
> updated was php. Something in the pre-install stages of lining
> php is deleting the /etc/httpsd/httpd.conf file.

Check out "lvu from /etc/httpsd/", this will show you which module
tracked/installed anything there. In case it is removed -even though the
content was changed- I suspect that your core tools are outdated. There
were known bugs in the core tools about 1-2 months ago.

In case another module also installed it or overwrites it, the problem
is bigger, and perhaps not as easy to solve or spot.

The last option is that the module that installs the config bluntly
overwrites the config. That would be a Bad Thing (TM).

can you check if the problem is related to any of these?

sofar

--
Auke Kok <auke.kok at planet.nl>