distcc

Niki Guldbrand nikig at vip.cybercity.dk
Fri Jun 6 23:09:00 GMT 2003

Hi Couannette.

why don't you set MAKES in the lunar optimization menu ??
See my screenshot.

And why don't you use the the wrappers ??? They have always worked
flawlesly for me...

And the format for DISTCC_HOSTS is "Host"/"Jobs":"Port"
Host is the same as you have set below, Jobs is the number of jobs you
want to ensure is always run on that host (Depends on what you set MAKES
to...), Port is the tcp port distcc should connect to it's node on.

And as a note, always put "localhost" at last on the list of hosts,
because else you risk that it will not distribute to the other machines.

Note 2, Put the fastest node firste and the slowes last.

Note 3, Always set MAKES to n*3, where n is the number of avalible CPU's

I hope this helps.

Btw, the wrappers will be installed again during next lunar update ;-)