enabling/disabling features (Was Re: RE Questions with Auke Kok)

Couannette couannette at free.fr
Wed Jul 2 09:52:08 GMT 2003

Hey,
we understand eo !
Just : in much cases you would select an optional dependency and lin
just install the dependency for you.
You don't have a mecanism for systematicaly choose
--enable-foo/--disable-foo. I mean a way to bypass autodetection of
software previously installed at configure time. IHM a small matrix for
each enable/disable would be a greate improvement.
Example : I've installed alsa-* stuff. But I decided to use OSS
emulation. Now I use OSS kernel driver and I don't want anymore
applications be linked against alsa-*. I've no way to specify this. (Btw
I can't uninstall alsa-* because it's required by some apps.)

You follow my thinking ?

Couannette