System hosed AGAIN

Todd A. Jacobs nospam at codegnome.org
Wed Jan 29 17:25:04 GMT 2003

Okay, after the last round of playing lunar update and lin --fix, the
system is completely unstable and totally unusable.

Filesystems which are reported as rw give errors about being ro when you
attempt to do anything. tmpfs partitions can't be deleted or unmounted.
Applications give warnings about failures to open sockets (all filesystems
act as if they're read-only, remember?), and have library failures, too.
Rebooting solves nothing; mounting single user without devfs is likewise
useless.

I can't even do an "lvu activity" to see what happened last. Lvu is hosed,
too.

So, it's time to ask the question: has *anyone* else on this list actually
tried to install a Lunar 1.2 system from the ISO onto a clean system? And
once it was installed, did you attempt to do any mass package
additions/upgrades?

Unless someone else has done this, and gotten it to work on a real,
freshly installed system--not a virtual machine, not an upgrade to a
previous release--I'm about ready to toss in the towel here.

--
"Of course I'm in shape! Round's a shape, isn't it?"